We've put together some commonly asked questions below and given the answers. Start here if you have a question, and feel free to reach out if your question isn't included.
How do I pay for my purchase?
We accept a varity of payment options including Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express. Cash payments or COD orders are not accepted.
How much is shipping and handling?
For purchases $49.99 and under, we will ship at a rate of $9.99. For purchases $50 and over, we will ship your items for free within the contiguous United States.
Where do you ship?
We ship within the contiguous United States.
How long does it take to receive my shipment?
Orders typically arrive within 5 – 7 business days (Mon-Fri).
Are coupon codes or discounts available?
You may find discounts and promotions two ways.
- At the bottom of every page of this website is a "Sign up for Our Mailing List" box. You'll be added to our promotional email list.
- Your local Simplicity retailer store may offer discounts, special promotions, vacuum bundles or even a trade-in program. We truly support our retailers’ in-store sales efforts and encourage you to buy locally, not just so you can get the vacuum that best suits you, your home and your lifestyle, but also so you leave the store with an assembled product, with any customized features installed just for you, with expert advice on how to operate and store the vacuum, and much more.
How do I report a defective or damaged item?
A defective item is one that is inoperable but has no apparent damage. If you receive defective merchandise, please contact us for assistance. If an order arrives to you with obvious shipping damage, please refuse the delivery. If you have accepted delivery and then find shipping damage, please contact us.
Please save all packaging material and paperwork for the order if shipping damage is a possible issue.
When can I expect my return?
As soon as we receive and process your return, we will notify you via email. Your credit card should be credited within 10 business days of the time that you receive this email. The return credit should be reflected on your statement within one or two billing periods, depending on your financial institution's billing cycle.
Why do multiple charges for my order show on my bank account/credit card?
It's possible another, lower charge may appear temporarily on your bank or credit card statement. This lower amount is a pre-authorization to make sure funds are available prior to shipping. Pre-authorization is required for some forms of payment, and this charge should only show in Pending status. Because it’s only a preauthorization, it will disappear from your list of pending charges within 10 days (usually sooner). The higher amount is the actual amount that includes tax based on the retailer’s physical location. When the order is shipped, this is the only charge you’ll see applied.
My vacuum stopped working. What should I do?
- Don't panic. Your vacuum owner’s manual has a troubleshooting page, which is the best place to start.
- Always unplug your vacuum before examining it.
- Check for clogs in the hose, and check your vacuum bag, which might be full. If the motor is running, but the brushroll isn’t turning, check the belt and replace it if necessary. Many models also have a thermal reset button on the back of the machine, so follow your owner's manual instructions for resetting after a cool-down period.
- Be sure your electrical outlet is working. Sometimes the outlets with circuit breakers trip and need to be reset.
- If all else fails, take your vacuum to the nearest Simplicity retailer for diagnosis and repair. If you're unable to find a nearby retailer, contact us, and we'll help you find an alternative store.
I need a part that's not on the site. What do I do?
If you need a bag or filter or accessory that's not available on our site, you can contact the nearest Simplicity retailer and ask them to order for you. Or, contact us, and we'll be happy to direct you.
How can I get my hands on an owner's manual?
Knowing what happens to most owner's manuals, we keep copies of our owner's manuals just a few clicks away in the Customer Support area of this website. If you're unsure which model you own, check the rating label on your vacuum. Then search for it on the owner's manual page.
How can I get my hands on warranty information?
We keep all our warranty information all in one place right here.
What is the California Proposition 65 warning on my owner's manual and vacuum box?
The warning is to comply with California state law and is based on the list of chemicals identified by the State of California in Proposition 65 regulations. California Proposition 65 is known as The Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. Even chemicals used within the limits of national regulations and found not hazardous in the quantities associated with the product may require a warning just because the chemical is present. Information about Proposition 65 is available on the website of the Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) maintained by the State of California. We evaluate all chemicals associated with the products that we manufacture and comply with all regulations associated with the chemicals. All potential chemical exposures are below accepted and regulated concentrations. We provide the warning because a chemical covered by the California Proposition 65 may be present and not all listed chemicals provide exposure limit requirements. This is why we have provided the warning when a listed chemical is present.
Where are Simplicity Vacuums made?
Simplicity Vacuums are designed and engineered right here in the USA, and then manufactured overseas. Our engineering team puts a ton of careful thought and research into each vacuum design, and they extensively test all aspects of our vacuums. We are devoted to making high-quality machines that do their job well: cleaning your home.